The West Contra Costa Unified School District was acceptable to reopen campuses Tuesday aft a two-day districtwide shutdown spurred by a COVID-19 outbreak past week.
About 28,000 students were headed backmost to class, minus those who are sick oregon quarantining, aft their schools were closed Friday and Monday for heavy cleaning. District officials decided to adjacent each campuses aft respective students astatine aggregate schools tested affirmative for COVID-19.
During the impromptu break, the territory superintendent sent retired an email to families with the pursuing instructions to assistance marque it a palmy instrumentality to in-person learning:
- Stay location if you are sick.
- If you trial positive, enactment location for 10 days oregon until you are wide of immoderate symptoms specified arsenic fever.
- If you person nary symptoms but tested positive, you could instrumentality a COVID-19 trial aft 5 days astatine location and tin instrumentality to schoolhouse with a antagonistic trial result.
- Those who are unvaccinated oregon vaccinated with nary booster yet and person been successful interaction with idiosyncratic who tested affirmative indispensable enactment location 7-10 days.
- You whitethorn extremity the quarantine astatine 7 days with nary symptoms and a antagonistic test.
Another important alteration the territory volition instrumentality is cloth masks unsocial volition nary longer beryllium allowed starting adjacent week. Students volition beryllium required to deterioration a surgical disguise underneath their cloth masks oregon deterioration KN95 oregon N95 masks.